Monday, July 16, 2007

July 16
Monday


Today has been pretty uneventful. The kids have played in the pool (little wading pool with the blow-up sides) for the better part of 11 hours now.

Jam diagnosed her little sister, Poppy, with "Podia-something-itis" which happens to be a rare foot disease that sometimes happens after you have been in the pool for so long you skin is ready to slide right off your bones. I don't know that for a fact I'm just going with what I assume it means.

I'm having a bit of trouble grasping the fact that in less than a month they'll be back in school. Not that I'm sad really about it, but I will miss their little butts.

What I'm more sad about is school shopping, clothes shopping to be more precise. Wait, not the shopping part of it, just the money I have to give the cashier part of it.

Ugh. I've picked up a few things here and there, but nowhere close to what they'll need.

Between having to psyche myself up for paying for it all and, preparing to deal with them on those shopping days, I've already worn myself out.

They are psychotic when it comes to school shopping, it is not even funny anymore. I love that they are meticulous and thorough , but seriously if I only get 5 of the 6 fucking glue sticks we need and we don't find out until we get home, it is not a national emergency, but yet to them it is. They think we need to sound the sirens load the truck and get to a store to buy that other goddamn glue stick. I'm not saying it's happened, just guessing what it might be like if it did ? Ha.

Oh damn I just remembered I need to look on-line for Heart-Guard for JayDawg, of course he needs something too. Asshole.

He got mad at me yesterday for not taking him with us so I came home to find he had pissed all over the kitchen floor, and drank what was left of all the girls' milkshakes. He does not pee in the house anymore, unless of course he's mad. That right there gets him nothing but locked in the kennel every time I leave now. Which sort of defeats the purpose of having a guard dog to protect the house.

I don't leave him outside when we leave now. Just in case we are gone longer than we think we'll be ...it is waaaay too hot for that. Even though he does have his own swimming pool to swim in and drink out of, I can't leave him out there. So for now, back to the kennel.

No comments: