Monday, June 26, 2006

June 26
Part II

3 a.m.

Woke up...heart pounding, sweaty, shaky, and nauseated.


Realized that my mouth is not only more sore that 5 hours ago, but now is hard to open more than a little.

Then realized....this ain't just a toothache anymore...and by Monday...I'll be dead from infection that has eaten my face off .

Ok a little overdramatic, but, that's how my mind works.

3:27 a.m.

Wake hubs, tell him I'm going to see a doctor...

Remember that I'm still wearing the clothes that I puked in.
Change clothes.
Look for shoes.

3:49 a.m.

Laying back on the bed, trying to see if I can spot any shoes from where I lay.

4:03 a.m.

Go to emergency room. And, think how much I hate going to the ER for something other than a trauma.
Realize that right now I don't give a shit.

(My insurance will pay for an ER visit, but not and ER Dental visit...)

So I get there about 4:15...check in, and see the doctor at about 4:30.
The ER I went to is at a brand new hospital right by us...they don't do they were slow.

The nurse and doctor were both fabulous. And, both said that it was essential that I'd come. They checked on Norbert too..who had the hiccups during the ultrasound.
(Found out too that the doc has 4 kids...and another one due in August.)

My heartrate was in the high 90's , temp. was 101...obviously and infection. See ? I told ya.

So...I had to go to Walgreens, get my meds...and anitbiotic, and a pain med. I don't like to have to take anything for pain other than tylenol during pregnancy..and would of avoided it if I could. But honestly at that point I would of let them shoot me up with just about anything.

Was home before 6..and went back to bed...where I stayed ALL day.

The antibiotic is drawing the infection out...slooowly and painfully. My tongue and gums are quite tongue, and that rubbery thing under it...which is an odd feeling thing to have swollen.

I had mashed potatoes for lunch and dinner...

My girls...they were upset...not only could we not go to Schramm Park to go hiking yesterday. BUT they had to ask their Dad for everything...he doesn't fix them snacks at anytime...or help them with a DVD right when they need it always turns into an argument...

But they all...and I survived.

Oh and I did remember another good thing about Jay...he laid with Momma all day...I mean he did pass gas alot...but hey...he was taking care of me what could I say ?

No comments: